My friend Allison Grace posted this on her blog recently and it looked fun, so I thought I would try it. Thanks Allison. Read her blog here.
#1: Acknowledge the blogger who gave it to you and display the award.
#2: Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
#3: Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
#4: Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations.
#5: Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Following are the questions Allison asked. Her questions are in bold and my answers in normal text.
- Do you enjoy yard work? No. My husband does all of our yard work.
- If you could re-paint your bedroom, what color would it be? A turquoise blue with brown accents.
- Have you ever been to the Pacific Ocean? Yes. Last Spring Break my daughter and I took our exchange student to Newport Beach in California. It was beautiful!
- What is your favorite Narnia book (or movie)? I like the Boy and his Horse. (mainly because I always wanted my own talking horse.
- In general, do you like books or movies better? No contest, books! I rarely watch movies.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Scotland followed by Australia, then everywhere else I haven’t been!
- Why did you start blogging? I began blogging as a way to communicate with the world. I love words and have a lot to say, whether others want to hear it or not. I love the interaction with readers and other bloggers.
- Have you ever been skiing? Yes. 3 times.
- Do you have any autographed books? If so, which one(s)? I have 2 autographed by Cara Putman – Stars in the Night, and a collection called Waterfront Weddings
- Are you afraid of spiders? They aren’t my favorite, but if they stay outside and don’t creep up on me, I’m okay to leave them be.
- Would you rather eat shrimp ice cream or a bacon milkshake? Why? Definitely bacon milkshake. I’ve eaten bacon cookies and they were good. I think the bacon milkshake may be an okay flavor.
Here are 11 random thoughts about myself.
- I was a Thoroughbred jockey.
- I love learning and speaking other languages.
- Animals were my best friends growing up.
- I love to travel. (Oceans and mountains with sunsets are my favorite scenes.)
- I enjoy history, but dislike how history is generally taught in schools.
- Music and writing make me feel closer to God.
- Rend Collective is my favorite band.
- One of my dreams is to ride a horse in the ocean.
- Other than my salvation, joy and peace are the most precious gifts Jesus has given me.
- My daughter is my best friend.
- I prefer not to wear shoes or socks.
I’m stealing Allison’s line here: I don’t know eleven bloggers, so if you haven’t done the Liebster Award before, I hereby nominate you.
Here are the 11 questions to answer:
- What is your favorite season and why?
- If you had a spirit animal, which would it be?
- Do you enjoy gardening?
- Where do you go when you want to be alone and think?
- Which genre of fiction do you prefer?
- Do you have an author (or other person you admire) you’ve met personally? If so, how did they impact you?
- In Divergent there was a fear landscape made up of a person’s greatest fears. If you went through your own fear landscape, what would be in it?
- How do you prefer to communicate: in person, text, social media, phone call?
- What gives you joy?
- Have you been to South or Central America?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
Thanks again Allison for the questions. I enjoyed answering them. I hope any who take up the challenge will have as much fun as I did.